Palladium manages the USAID-funded Health Technical Assistance Project (BANTU), which supports USAID Indonesia by rapidly leveraging specialized short and long-term technical assistance to support USAID and the Government of Indonesia’s health programs and national health priorities.
USAID has recently collaborated with the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (Akademi Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia/AIPI) to convene the Evidence Summit on Maternal and Newborn Health.. The Evidence Summit generated a large collection of literature, and more evidence is being generated on this issue, making clear the need for AIPI to develop a strategy of knowledge management (KM).
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
Technical assistance is therefore needed to evaluate current needs and capacity and develop a knowledge management strategy, and a plan for its implementation, to work closely with AIPI to:
- Develop and apply a consultative process with AIPI, USAID, and other key stakeholders as identified (e.g., ALMI, DIPI, other Government partners) to evaluate current methodology and identify needs of knowledge management and communication;
- Develop a Knowledge Management strategy and implementation plan for AIPI on Maternal Newborn Health, including the capacity to expand to other technical areas in the future;
- Identify the Knowledge Management (KM) approaches that are applicable and support AIPI’s central role in informing national policy.
The consultancy needs 1 senior Public Health Policy Expert (local position) who has a proven, well-developed network with AIPI and related institutions and who would support the consultation and engagement process critical to the development of the KM strategy.
- Advanced degree international public health (preferred), and public policy, with an emphasis on maternal and child health, from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant of experience with public health policy development in Indonesia;
- Demonstrated network and established connections with AIPI and relevant public and private partner institutions important to developing AIPI’s knowledge management strategy;
- Proven understanding of the processes and systems needed to develop a knowledge management strategy for an institutions such as AIPI;
- Experience with and understanding of AIPI systems and structures
- High-level research competence and skilled in the KM domain;
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English required;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a cross-cultural environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure, excellent time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
This is a short-term consultancy up to 3 (three) months period, will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia, and for Indonesian national only.
For more information on the assignment, please click .
Remuneration Package: A competitive package would be offered based on salary history and work experience.
HOW TO APPLY: To respond to this position, please send your resume (no longer than 6 pages) and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
Closing date: March 17, 2019 Jakarta Time
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Palladium provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.